Friday, September 24, 2010

Things That are Awesome

We've been back in the States for just over 2 months now and living in our house for 2 weeks.  We knew coming home would be great, this is the United States of Awesomeness after all, but it's really the little things that make being home so awesome.

  • I have a flip flop tan line.  Not only does this mean that it's been warm enough for an extended period of time to even wear flip flops, but it also means that the color of my skin is no longer fish belly white.  
  • I am sleeping.  The delivery of our bed from storage was the highlight of all the things unpacked.  It's a Queen, it's FIRM, and I sleep.  I sleep!
  • We'll see Maryland play football 3 times this year - a 300% increase over the 3 previous years.  The first game against Navy at Ravens stadium I actually got a little choked up during the pre-game festivities.  I love pomp and circumstance anyways, but being home cheering on my Terps made it extra fun.
  • Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Bed Bath and Beyond, Costco, big Grocery stores, Marshall's = awesome.
  • Drying my hair in the bathroom.  It's against code in the UK to put an electrical plug in the bathroom.  Somehow, I have managed to not electrocute myself yet.  
  • I have my own closet.  It may not be large, we bought an older house so it comes with the territory, but it's large enough that I can see all my clothes AND stand inside and close the door.  Sometime I do go inside and close the door - and then I giggle.

I would add that no longer being a plane ride away from friends and family is awesome, but we are STILL a plane ride away.  Now, it's a plane ride away from all our London friends who became our family. 

1 comment:

  1. Ew, ew, ew, I have one! You guys don't have to watch Hokie Football/True Blood/Whatever else Court and Jeff are watching. :o)
    Glad you guys are back and getting settled in. I will now follow your adventures on this blog. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete