Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Evil Squirrel

We have several squirrels that live in or near our yard.  In my mind, they are evil like this guy.


While I was staying with my parents as the house was being painted, Mom and I went out to an orchard/pumpkin patch and picked out some beautiful pumpkins to decorate our stoops for the fall.  I planned on carving ours before Halloween in anticipation of handing out candy to our first Trick or Treaters EVER.  Yeah for home ownership :)

The evil squirrels had other ideas.  They munch on the pumpkins for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Note the "crumbs" they leave behind - slobs!



I'm getting ready to toss those pumpkins in the garbage and replace them on Halloween with these suckers I picked up at Michael's and decorated today.  I imagine plastic and styrofoam won't be nearly as appealing for snacking.


We'll carve pumpkins next year, but I guarantee there'll be no fresh pumpkin on our front steps until the DAY before Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. I love the evil squirrel picture, I bet that's JUST what they look like!

    ReplyDelete